What Is Retinol
- Retinol, also known as vitamin A1-alcohol, is a vitamin in the vitamin A family.
- found in food and used as a dietary supplement.
- As a supplement it is ingested to treat and prevent vitamin A deficiency, especially that which results in xerophthalmia.
- It is used by mouth or injection into a muscle.
- In regions where deficiency is common, a single large dose is recommended to those at high risk a couple of times a year.
- It is also used to reduce the risk of complications in those who have measles.